The Shattered Realms
Welcome to the Shattered Realms. This campaign world is based upon Faerun and the Forgotten Realms, but there have been a few… changes.
In the year 1371 Dale Reckoning (1999 in Earth years), a fledgling DM chose to take his own path.
Sure, he’d been running games and following along the “official” Forgotten Realms campaign setting for a decade, but he’d finally come to realize that he needed to create his own world.
You can’t make an omelet without breaking some eggs. There were aspects of Faerun that were unsatisfactory for this DM, and he set plans in motion to change the world in his own image. And the first and most important change? Too many gods. Three entire source books filled with deities, just for this one little continent?! That’s just too much. And thus, the Godswar (more popularly known as the War of the Dragons) came to be. That war ended disastrously with the Breaking of the World, wiping entire nations from the map, killing countless peoples, and reshaping the very face of Faerun.
People and races of the Realms
- Inhabitants — All your favorite heroes and villains, and the rest.
- Races — All the races of the Realms, humanoid and monstrous alike.
- Organizations — The Harpers, Zhentarim, and everything in between.
- Deities — The deities of the realmspace.
- Character Classes — How the base classes play in the Shattered Realms.
- Prestige Classes — The many unique prestige classes available to the people of the Shattered Realms.
Geography—Faerun’s towns, kingdoms and more.
History—From the dawn of the creator races to present day.
Magic—How Magic works in the Forgotten Realms, be it arcane or divine in nature.
Magical Items—From minor trinkets to artifacts of epic power and reknown.
Spells—Selected spells with special relations to the Forgotten Realms.