The Shattered Realms
Marthammor Duin (mar-THAM-more DOO-ihn), is the young, neutral good dwarven god of wanderers and patron of dwarves who have left the clanholds to explore the world. He is also known as Finder-of-Trails, Watcher over Wanderers and the Watchful Eye. He approaches life with a gnome-like demeanor, curious to see what lies beyond the horizon and always willing to trade stories of travels. His is the rare spirit of dwarven exploration, and the spark of curiosity his followers associate with bursts of lightning.
Marthammor’s clergy are known as the volamtar (“blazers of fresh trails”). They represent one of the most widely recognized dwarven churches of the surface wide, particularly in the North. Volamtar mark wilderness trails near dwarven strongholds to make the path of those that might follow from the clanholds easier. They patrol trade routes and game trails between human and dwarven enclaves, healing the injured and clearing these areas of dangerous predators.
In urban areas they set up temples with the aim of strengthening dwarven populations through healing, religious ceremonies and exchange of information. Sometimes they attempt to gain minor political positions to influence the government of non-dwarven cities.
They pray for their spells in the morning and celebrate numerous holidays throughout the year, including each festival day and the following nine days of each festival. Years featuring Shieldmeet see much celebration, with the public, including non-dwarves, being invited to attend. Volamtar frequently multiclass as fighters, while those in the wilderness often have some ranger skills.
Volamtar Domains: Dwarf, Good, Protection, Travel
Granted Power: You gain Great Fortitude as a bonus feat.
1. Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.
2. Bear’s Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 minute/level.
3. Glyph of Warding (M): Inscription harms those who pass it.
4. Magic Weapon, Greater: +1 bonus/4 levels (max +5).
5. Fabricate: Transforms raw materials into finished items.
6. Stone Tell: Talk to natural or worked stone.
7. Dictum: Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nonlawful subjects.
8. Protection from Spells (M,F): Confers +8 resistance bonus.
9. Elemental Swarm: Summons multiple earth elementals (Earth only).
Granted Power: You cast good spells at +1 caster level.
1. Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
2. Aid: +1 on attack rolls, +1 on saves against fear, 1d8 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
3. Magic Circle against Evil: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
4. Holy Smite: Damages and blinds evil creatures.
5. Dispel Evil: +4 bonus against attacks by evil creatures.
6. Blade Barrier: Wall of blades deals 1d6/level damage.
7. Holy Word (F): Kills, paralyzes, slows, or deafens nongood subjects.
8. Holy Aura: +4 to AC, +4 resistance, and SR 25 against evil spells.
9. Summon Monster IX: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you. (Cast as a good spell only.)
Granted Power: You can generate a protective ward as a supernatural ability. Grant someone you touch a resistance bonus equal to your cleric level on his or her next saving throw. Activating this power is a standard action. The protective ward is an abjuration effect with a duration of 1 hour that is usable once per day.
1. Sanctuary: Opponents can’t attack you, and you can’t attack.
2. Shield Other (F): You take half of subject’s damage.
3. Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
4. Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per four levels.
5. Spell Resistance: Subject gains SR 12 + level.
6. Antimagic Field: Negates magic within 10 ft.
7. Repulsion: Creatures can’t approach you.
8. Mind Blank: Subject is immune to mental/emotional magic and scrying.
9. Prismatic Sphere: As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.
Granted Powers: For a total time per day of 1 round per cleric level you possess, you can act normally regardless of magical effects that impede movement as if you were affected by the spell freedom of movement. This effect occurs automatically as soon as it applies, lasts until it runs out or is no longer needed, and can operate multiple times per day (up to the total daily limit of rounds). This granted power is a supernatural ability.
Add Survival to your list of cleric class skills.
1. Longstrider: Increases your speed.
2. Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
3. Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft.
4. Dimension Door: Teleports you short distance.
5. Teleport: Instantly transports you as far as 100 miles/level.
6. Find the Path: Shows most direct way to a location.
7. Teleport, Greater: As teleport, but no range limit and no off-target arrival.
8. Phase Door: Creates an invisible passage through wood or stone.
9. Astral Projection (M): Projects you and companions onto Astral Plane.