The Shattered Realms
Malar (pronounced MAHL-arr), The Beastlord, is the god of the hunt, evil lycanthropes, bestial savagery and bloodlust. His dogma concerns savage hunts, the spreading of the curse of lycanthropy and general contempt for civilization. Malar is one of the Gods of Darkness.
Malarites believe that it is honor to Malar if you make your killing bloody and long. His followers sometimes form in bands, called Hunts. While forbidden from slaying the young or the pregnant, Hunts typically follow his dogma and evoke wanton slaughter in Malar’s name. Malarites are generally frowned upon by civilization, as they tend to wreak havoc in their wake. Cormyr is one exception of where the worship of Malar is actually allowed.
Malarite Domains: Animal, Chaos, Evil, Moon, Strength
Granted Powers: You can use speak with animals once per day as a spell-like ability.
Add Knowledge (Nature) to your list of cleric class skills.
1. Calm Animals: Calms (2d4 + level) HD of animals.
2. Hold Animal: Paralyzes one animal for 1 round/level.
3. Dominate Animal: Subject animal obeys silent mental commands.
4. Summon Nature’s Ally IV: Calls creature to fight. (Can only summon animals.)
5. Commune with Nature: Learn about terrain for 1 mile/level.
6. Antilife Shell: 10-ft. field hedges out living creatures.
7. Animal Shapes: One ally/level polymorphs into chosen animal.
8. Summon Nature’s Ally VIII: Calls creature to fight. (Can only summon animals.)
9. Shapechange: Transforms you into any creature, and change forms once per round.
Granted Power: You cast chaos spells at +1 caster level.
1. Protection from Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
2. Shatter: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.
3. Magic Circle against Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
4. Chaos Hammer: Damages and staggers lawful creatures.
5. Dispel Law: +4 bonus against attacks by lawful creatures.
6. Animate Objects: Objects attack your foes.
7. Word of Chaos: Kills, confuses, stuns, or deafens nonchaotic subjects.
8. Cloak of Chaos (F): +4 to AC, +4 resistance, SR 25 against lawful spells.
9. Summon Monster IX: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you. (Cast as a chaos spell only.)
Granted Power: You cast evil spells at +1 caster level.
1. Protection from Good: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
2. Desecrate (M): Fills area with negative energy, making undead stronger.
3. Magic Circle against Good: As protection from good, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
4. Unholy Blight: Damages and sickens good creatures.
5. Dispel Good: +4 bonus against attacks by good creatures.
6. Create Undead (M): Create ghouls, ghasts, mummies, or mohrgs.
7. Blasphemy: Kills, paralyzes, weakens, or dazes nonevil subjects.
8. Unholy Aura (F): +4 to AC, +4 resistance, SR 25 against good spells.
9. Summon Monster IX: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you. (Cast as an evil spell only.)
Granted Power: You can turn or destroy lycanthropes as a good cleric turns or destroys undead. This ability is usable a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier.
1. Faerie Fire: Outlines subjects with light, canceling blur, concealment, and the like.
2. Moonbeam [FR]: Creates a cone of moonlight that causes lycanthropes to assume animal form, penetrates darkness spells of equal or lower level.
3. Moon Blade [FR]: Touch attack deals 1d8 damage +1/two levels, more to undead, plus scrambles spellcasting.
4. Good Hope: Subjects gain +2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks.
5. Moon Path [FR]: Grants sanctuary to 1 creature/level.
6. Permanent Image: Includes sight, sound, and smell.
7. Insanity: Subject suffers continuous confusion.
8. Animal Shapes: One ally/level polymorphs into chosen animal.
9. Moonfire [FR]: Cone of moonlight deals 1d8 damage/two levels (max 10d8, magical auras glow blue for 1 round/level, illuminates as full moon, negates electricity for 1 round/level).
Granted Power: You can perform a feat of strength as a supernatural ability. You gain an enhancement bonus to Strength equal to your cleric level. Activating the power is a free action, the power lasts 1 round, and it is usable once per day.
1. Enlarge Person: Humanoid creature doubles in size.
2. Bull’s Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
3. Magic Vestment: Armor or shield gains +1 enhancement per four levels.
4. Spell Immunity: Subject is immune to one spell per four levels.
5. Righteous Might: Your size increases, and you gain combat bonuses.
6. Stoneskin (M): Ignore 10 points of damage per attack.
7. Bigby’s Grasping Hand: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or grapples.
8. Bigby’s Clenched Fist: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or attacks your foes.
9. Bigby’s Crushing Hand: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or crushes your foes.